Monday, June 3, 2013

Little by Little



My mission this summer is to reduce my carbon footprint by making one major change each week. 

Here's what's on the horizon for June: 

***

WEEK ONE

Clean out my closets and donate EVERYTHING that is not being used. This includes (and is not limited to): canned foods, coats, blankets, shoes, old electronics, charger-cords and batteries. All of these can be recycled and reused for a greater cause rather than taking up room in my apartment!

Not sure of where you can recycle or donate in your city? 
Check out Earth 911

***

WEEK TWO

Add planters to my windowsills 

***
 
WEEK THREE

Schedule an appointment to donate blood through the American Red Cross

***

WEEK FOUR

Fix all of my plumbing: replace the shower head with a low-flow version. Replace all of the washers in my faucet heads to reduce any dripping. Fill a plastic half-gallon milk jug with gravel and add it to the toilet water tank to save water with every flush.

***

No comments: